The best pumpkin donut I have ever tasted!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Krispy Kreme Pumpkin Spice Donuts will be a distant memory after you try your hand at making your own pumpkin donuts!
Write a review
- 1½ cup puree Pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 1¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a donut pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl add pumpkin, eggs, oil, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Mix well until completely combined. Slowly add flour, mixing well.
- Fill each donut til it is ¾ filled and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Remove each donut gently using a fork and place onto a cooling rack.
- While donuts are cooling off, add butter into a small size saucepan over med-high heat. Stir well, using a wooden spoon if able. Remove from heat when butter has melted and pour into a medium size baking bowl. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Stir well.
- If donuts are cool enough to handle, dip the top carefully into icing mix and return to the cooling rack. The glaze will harden at a generous speed.
- To maintain a cleaner space - place a piece of parchment paper underneath cooling rack to catch donut icing when it drips.