Switching it up this Taco Tuesday with a Korean inspired BBQ sauce, pork and super sweet coleslaw!
Korean BBQ Pork Tacos with Sweet Coleslaw
- 1½ pounds boneless pork loin
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 street taco tortillas
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB sesame oil
- 1 TB rice vinegar
- 3 TB sweet yellow mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups classic cole slaw mix
- 3 TB sweet yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 1 TB granulated sugar
- pinch of black pepper
- Add 1 cup of water to a slow-cooker, followed by pork loin. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. After pork is fully cooked through, remove from slow-cooker to a plate and shred into thin pieces using 2 forks. Drain slow cooker before adding pork back and covering with BBQ sauce. Mix well so that pork is covered evenly with sauce.
- Prepare coleslaw in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Add pork to tortillas followed by cole slaw, topped with red onion and cilantro.
If you ask me, pork chops are tricky. They’re light in color so you don’t particularly know if the inside is truly cooked unless you use a knife to check. My trick is to always buy the pack of meat with more than you really need. That way you can use one of the less-appealing looking pieces (and there ALWAYS is one!) to cut and dice up to make sure that everything is cooked thoroughly. It’s also a good excuse for taste testing.
I also prefer to bake meat versus frying or grilling. I know that when I place something in the oven, not only will it cook, but the juices are also most likely reserved. When you cook over the stovetop, there’s a good chance you’ll overturn the meat and it won’t taste as juicy. You can always find a medium though; begin your meat over the stovetop briefly to lightly brown and then transfer to your oven to finish cooking. This recipe is like that giving you the best of both cooking methods!
Baked Honey Garlic Pork Chops
A delicious recipe for center-loined pork chops that have a sweet honey taste with just the right amount of garlic.
- 4 center-loined pork chops, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Well grease a large cooking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine olive oil, honey, lemon juice, garlic and soy sauce. Whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat a large well-greased skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and allow to cook 5-7 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. When done, using a pair of tongs dip each pork chop individual into honey mixture, coating each side. Add pork chops to cooking pan and brush remaining sauce ontop. Sprinkle brown sugar over each.
- Cook for 1 hour and serve immediately.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin