Did you click on the link to this recipe because of the pretty pictures without looking at the post title? Look at it now. Look closely. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. You read correctly.
And the second best part is that they taste AMAZING. It’s almost unbelievable that something this low in fat could be this yum. But it is. And you’ll use that as an excuse to eat two of them in one sitting. I did. I don’t regret it.
- 2 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup greek nonfat yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using nonstick cooking spray, grease muffin pan.
- 2. Combine dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Shift well.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine honey and brown sugar. Use a fork to break up heavy clumps that may form. Add mashed bananas, greek yogurt and egg. Mix well.
- 4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Continue to mix together gently adding milk. Mixture at this point will feel and look doughy. Add blueberries, folding gently.
- 5. Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling each muffin nearly to the top. Bake for 18 minutes or lightly brown. Check to see if their done by using a toothpick. If the toothpick does not remove clean, muffins may need to cook a couple additional minutes. Be sure to supervise if so to prevent from burning.
- 6. Allow to cool completely on a baking rack before serving.