Big sports fan here. Bigger Cleveland Cavaliers fan, and with tonight’s game against the Raptors; I needed something to snack on that isn’t my fingernails (yuck!). Usually it’d be a bowl of fresh fruit or a fruit-infused popsicle, but I wanted something different and so I picked up a few ingredients at the store earlier to throw together a small bowl of guacamole that I can enjoy tonight and as a small snack sometime tomorrow.
I wasn’t always a fan of guacamole, probably because I don’t think the store-bought kind necessarily tastes that good or I haven’t found a brand yet that I care for. Infact, I didn’t realize how much I liked guac until I had a batch of the stuff that someone had prepared for a party.
No more store-bought guac.
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- Cut your lime into halves. Set aside.
- Using a medium size mixing bowl, add avocado and mash using a whisk. Add tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper to bowl. Squeeze juice from lime halves. Mix well and serve immediately.
- To refrigerate, store in an air-tight container.