Break out the blue cheese dressing. Or ranch, if that’s your thing. These buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are so good, you’re going to cross your fingers that there’s leftovers when you’re finished.
For every Ohio State football game, we used to make a buffalo chicken dip. You’re probably familiar with it. That’s where the love for buffalo branched off from and inspired more recipes that consisted of it. Buffalo wraps are a common lunch (and dinner) selection, but I wanted something a little more healthy. Less wrap, more vegetable, even more buffalo.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch bite-size pieces
- ½ cup buffalo sauce for cooking, ½ cup buffalo sauce for drizzling overtop
- 2 cups plain panko bread crumbs
- 4-6 large boston bibb lettuce
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup celery, diced into small pieces
- blue cheese (or ranch) dressing
- optional: scallions, blue cheese crumbles for garnish if desired
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Note: I line mine with foil and lightly grease it as if to avoid staining the cookie sheet from potentially burn marks.
- 2. Using a large ziplock bag. toss your chicken bites in ½ cup of buffalo sauce. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Prepare breadcrumbs by using a large plate or shallow dish. Roll each bite in bread crumbs so that all sides are covered. Place on cookie sheet.
- 4. Bake chicken for 30 minutes. In the meantime, chop your vegetables if you haven't already.
- When chicken is ready, allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes to cool off slightly.
- 5. Line your lettuce wraps onto a flat surface. Add chicken, tomatoes, carrots and celery. Lightly drizzle sauce of your choice overtop. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and scallions if desired.