When you finish putting together a week’s worth of lunch in the form of a salad and it doesn’t take much effort at all yet it tastes like it should? The feeling of satisfaction AND victory. Not only did I just save myself time each day by prepping this meal ahead in bulk amount, but I get to look forward to having more time to actually enjoy it.
Most Mediterranean salads have olives in them. Feel free to add those to the list of ingredients if you happen to like olives. I don’t, so I opted to leave them out.
- 12-ounces farfalle pasta, cooked according to directions
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4-ounces crumbled low fat feta cheese
- half of a medium size red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package over med-high heat in a medium size saucepan. Drain in a strainer under cold water for 30-45 minutes to cool off pasta. Drain again.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and feta cheese to a medium size mixing bowl. Add Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette and combine well. Next add pasta and combine again. Serve immediately.