When I was younger, I used to associate eggs with breakfast. Now that I’m older and have been working out for the past year+ on a pretty consistent basis, I associate eggs with the word “protein.”
With the daily recommended protein amount being 46 grams for women and 56 grams for men, eggs (6 grams each) are a fantastic source when starting the day off, or even eaten as a hard-boiled treat in-between-meals snack. But sometimes we get tired of the same ole eggs for breakfast routine and want to switch it up for something else. You can still get your daily egg or two in with this simple and healthy egg salad. Add it over-top of a rice cake or have it as a sandwich.
- 6 hardboiled eggs, shells peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1. Using a medium size bowl, mix eggs, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Gently fold, but enough that you’re combining all ingredients well.
- 2. Add celery and green onions, again mixing well.