Halloween the holiday in itself is a treat, but this quick snack is a great addition and would be perfect for a holiday party or a snack to munch on during Halloween movie night.
Halloween Party Chow
Write a review
- 9-ounce Rice Chex Cereal
- 1½ semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup brownie mix
- 1½ cups candy corn
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1½ cups oreos, chopped into pieces
- 1½ cups mini pretzels, slightly crushed
- Pour Rice Chex into a large bowl and momentarily set aside.
- Using a medium-size microwaveable bowl add chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter. Microwave 30 seconds, stir and continue to repeat process another two times (approximately 90 seconds) or until everything has melted and stirs smooth. Add vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mix overtop chex cereal, gently stirring as not to crush cereal. Using two gallon sized ziplock bags, pour half of the chocolate covered chex into each. Add the powdered sugar to one bag and the brownie mix to the other. Shake bags well so that the dry mixtures have coated the cereal well.
- Lay out a large sheet of parchment paper on a countertop. Pour out chex mix and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes so that the chocolate can harden on the cereal. In the meantime, use a large bowl to combine the candy corn, Reese's Pieces, oreos and pretzels. Add chex to the large bowl and stir well.
- Store in an air-tight container in fridge or ziplock bags.