I’m gonna start this post by gloating about how much I love these new Rae Dunn mixing bowls that my sister found for me. If you’re familiar with any of Rae Dunn’s stuff, you’ll know that the mixing bowls are one of her newer released items and they’re extremely hard to find. They’re so dang cute and my own personal collection is so close to being complete.
Bonus – I’ll be using the heck out of these!
Moving forward – on Saturday, I fiddled around trying to figure out breakfast and came to the conclusion that all those super ripe bananas I had sitting on the countertop (we’re talking 10+ medium size bananas) needed to be used. I decided 6 would be used for Banana Nice Cream (recipe to be blogged in the future) and the other 4 were going to help me create this delicious and healthy Banana Bread that I could enjoy over the course of the week. Plus I am on flour overload over here.
I’ve switched to using White Whole Wheat Flour verses the regular All-Purpose Flour. The health benefits behind White Whole Wheat are pretty remarkable – all those nutrients that are stripped of the bran when producing All-Purpose Flour, remain there and fully intact with White Whole Wheat Flour. We’re talking fiber, calcium, iron and more. If that isn’t enough to convince you to switch over – how about this? White Whole Wheat Flour improves body metabolism.
You had me sold at “metabolism.” Get you some.
And because it’s already been asked – “What’s the purple in the bread?” It’s called cooked banana slices. It’s okay. It’s edible. It’s not going to hurt you. It’s just banana.
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350. Well grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add honey, coconut oil, brown sugar, greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt. Whisk well.
- Next add mashed bananas. Whisk well again.
- Using a wooden spoon, slowly add flour to mixture. Stir well, it'll be slightly clumpy - thats okay. Add banana slices, gently folding them in to mix with everything else.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan and serving.