Hello, Monday! I’m starting the week after a meal-prep win Sunday. This week’s mornings will be filled with fruits and vegetables that come in a green juice and my lunch; more vegetables and grilled cajun chicken with this delicious creamy cajun dressing. Less coffee. More water. (Good luck to me on that)
I am pretty stoked about the cajun chicken , I haven’t made anything similar in quite sometime and I’m in need of a week full of salads for lunch. But since I like my cajun food mildly spicy, I tend to opt for making my own seasoning here at home. You can always just buy the spice at your local grocery store if preferred. I just like to be able to control just how much spice I’ll get, plus most of the ingredients are staple spices that you most likely already have on hand.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- ¼ of a red onion. thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun dressing
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- Combine spices to make cajun seasoning, leaving 1 teaspoon aside for dressing. Rub all-over both sides of chicken breasts, covering well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cooking each side about 5 minutes or until cooked through; about 10 minutes total. Set chicken on a plate off to the side to cool off slightly. Slice chicken.
- In a large bowl, add romaine lettuce, onion slices, cucumber, tomatoes and avocados. Add sliced chicken on-top, drizzling cajun dressing over. Divide into 4 portions.