Growing up, I remember having sloppy joes all the time. I think it was half because they were so good and half because they were so easy to make since they came prepackaged; all you had to do was heat ’em up and slop it on a bun.
This is a more chicken-esque take on the sloppy joe. You may have to do a little more work with preparing the sauce and patiently waiting for it to cook in the crock-pot for a few hours. It’s worth it. And honestly, I think this version is a lot better than the store-bought sloppy joes.
BBQ Chicken Hawaiian Sliders
A different take on sloppy joes using a crockpot and chicken.
Write a review
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup zesty italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- hawaiian bread sliders
- 1. In a medium size bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, italian dressing, worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Set aside.
- 2. Trim chicken breasts of any fat. Place on the bottom of a slow-cooker.
- 3. Add barbecue mixture into slow-cooker, making sure to cover each chicken breasts top and bottom. Cook on low for 4 ½ hours.
- 4. Remove chicken breasts and shred using two forks into small pieces. Return to slow-cooker, making sure to mix it well with the barbecue sauce. Cook for an additional 45 minutes.
- 5. Fill each hawaiian slider generously with barbecue chicken and enjoy.