It’s the first week of 80 Day Obsession for me and as a newcomer to food and workout blocks, I was searching high and low for some unique recipes to try out. I specifically choose this particular recipe via Brownell Bootcamp for an in-between snack prior to my workout. You can’t really go wrong with zucchinis as they’re delicious no matter how you cook or bake them. I remember having a couple squash plants out back a few years ago that produced some of the most gigantic zucchinis I had ever seen! You could easily make 2-3 loaves out of bread out of just one.
This recipe isn’t like most bread recipes simply for the fact that you’re not using any flour, sugar or butter. It’s about as clean as clean eating can get, which is exactly what my week 1 meal-plan calls for.
- 6 cups zucchini, peeled and grated (about 6-7 zucchinis)
- 1½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 3tsp vanilla extract
- 6tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Well-grease a 9x9 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; making sure to mix well.
- Add mixture to baking dish, baking for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear.
- Set aside to cool for a minimum of 10 minutes before cutting. Tastes great with a teaspoon of butter.
- This recipe is perfect for 21DayFix or 80 Day Obsession. One serving equals up to 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 tsp.